Saturday, June 20, 2009

:: A GIFT FOR HOLLY ::

When my family moved to St. Anthony, Idaho, in 1988 I met two girls in my neighborhood right away. Holly and Annie introduced me to a whole new world of Barbies and making movies. Fun times. The best part about our friendship is, we're still friends. We lose touch for a few years, but then we pick up just like no time has lapsed at all. Don't you just love friends like that? Anyway, Holly is having her first baby at the end of July, and I was able to attend her shower last month while she was in town.


I bought this Michael Miller/Robert Kauffman (I can't remember which) fabric when FabricBliss.com was closing out. I held on to it for a little while not wanting to cut into any of those precious little birds (you all have a piece), but when I heard Holly was having a girl, I knew this would be a perfect quilt for her. I was so tempted to keep it for myself. It is so cute and I wish I had more. Does anyone know where I could find it? Does it look familiar to you?

My latest crafting obsession is making barrettes for little girls. I wish Piper had more hair. Right now I am just clipping them to her headbands. I'm sure they look silly to others, but I think they are darling on her round little head. I'm not really into the giant satellite dish flowers on little babies, but I love the little ones.

I also threw in a few flannel burp cloths because you can never EVER have too many of those laying around. I do a load of burp cloths, bibs, and blankets every other day because Piper is a spitter/drooler. I thought Cohen was a slobber monster, but Piper wins hands down.

4 comments:

Julie Thurgood Summerhays said...

I LOVE those barrettes! I want some - I LOVE the blanket and burp cloths too - you are SO talented and I love looking at the stuff you make. I think your teacher's present was a great idea and super cute!!

Lindy said...

LOL...satellite dish...I so agree with you on that. So can I pay you to make some barrettes for Ame? I'm serious, Lori, I want to buy some.

Tanya said...

Ooooo...that fabric is fabulous. You have such a good eye, I love all the fabrics you use. And the barrettes are really cute, too.

AL&G said...

All your stuff is adorable, as usual. It was great to talk to you the other day or was that weeks ago- I can't keep it straight. I am so glad you are having fun making hair accessories for Piper- I love the ones for Zoe and Summer. Miss you, Linds

 
Site Meter