Monday, September 13, 2010

:: BEFORE AND SORT OF AFTER ::

As per request, here are some pics of before and after painting and carpet. We painted EVERY surface of this house (minus 3 ceilings) and a few cabinets. So here we go. (I'll do this in a few installments)

Living Room Upstairs:

Before:


Notice the lovely mauve curtains. They are replaced with the curtains I wrote about here.


Notice here the wall mounts for the television. Every room in this house had a cable running to it and wall mounts for the flat screens. If you want to mount your television to the wall, be sure you know where to put it. These were AWFUL to mud, tape and repair.

After:


We painted the walls a grayish color called Stormy Weather. The carpet is DELUXE and called Heather. I wanted strait gray, but Mike convinced me it needed to be a warmer gray (towards the brown side) and I am so glad I did. It is such a great neutral.


Our home is a split entry, so this is the 1/2 wall between the living room and the entry way. I love the white ledge. The entire house was a yellowy color and the previous owners did a very sloppy job and it was all over the baseboards and trims.

3 comments:

Ruth said...

Love it Lori!! Keep em coming! Thanks for sharing! Add some exterior shots too please! :D

Angie said...

Lookin' good! Oh I just can't help but think of how much time this all takes. Makes me travel down memory lane to all of our fixer upper projects in this house. =) It's so worth it in the end isn't it?!? I bet it's great to have your husbands artist eye when deciding on things like paint colors, etc.

Tanya said...

Nice, I love all the before and after pics!

I was thinking about you the other day. I've started knitting and I remember that was another craft you rock at. You are so talented all around!

 
Site Meter