Friday, September 10, 2010

:: A CORNER IN A ROOM ::

Yesterday I enlisted the help of my neighbor to help me hang some stuff. For the most part it turned out, but then I got cocky and put some extra holes in the walls. Woops! Mike spent all summer making sure this house had no more holes in the walls... mudding, sanding, mudding, sanding... so he is hesitant about hanging anything. I am just sick of of everything leaning up against the walls and being on the floor. I want to feel like a I live here.


I tackled the easy stuff first. Cohen is a creative little guy. He loves drawing maps and anything related to Mario Bros. He was dead set on decorating his room with all things Mario. He wanted a mural (NOOOOOOOOOOO!) but we settled on posters instead. They are on the way. I digress... I wanted to give him his own little working corner. So here is what I did:


I grabbed this cork board from a friend's donate pile. I bought this little rod and 3 bucket thing at IKEA for a grand total of $5. He can keep his scissors, some markers and chalk/eraser in them. I have found that he keeps his creations for about 3 weeks. That is what the cork board is for. Usually he just tapes them wherever he wants them to be. The blue dresser houses his paper, crayons, stickers, beads, etc...


I bought a scrap piece of plywood from Home Depot for $4.01. I used some leftover chalkboard paint and there you have it. I just screwed it right into the wall (Mike was stoked!) because I didn't have any picture hangers handy.

The important thing is that Cohen loves it. LOVES IT! He couldn't wait for Mike to get home so he could show him. He spent a good part of the evening in there. I hope he doesn't grow much more in the next few months because his knees are barely fitting under that table.

3 comments:

B&B Goldsberry said...

Lori...
I need you at my house! :)Maybe stuff would get done. Brandon has the same attitude as Mike about hanging things on his walls that he did the same thing with... He made us get those scotch sticky things to hang EVERYTHING! Oh brother! ;)
P.S.... love the color of Piper's room and the cute beadboard! I would have never been able to decide on colors, so my whole house is the same color right now! ;) Glad we didn't paint the nursery, since it could be changing in March!

Julie Thurgood Summerhays said...

I LOVE it!! It looks SO much fun for adults too - if we could fit! My kids would love something like this...

Ruth said...

Wow!! I've never even heard of chalkboard paint. Way to go Lori!!

 
Site Meter