Thursday, October 19, 2006

Fun With Pincushions



Yes my friends, that is a pincushion... and the little mushrooms are pins. My swap partner said she obsessivly collects garden gnomes, and I knew I needed to theme my pincushion after that.

I asked Mike, being the trained artist he is, to help me with the gnome because my first attempts were not looking so hot. After all, his hobby is building and painting miniature figurines (see, we all have our quirks). Anyway, little gnomey turned out fantastic and one million times better than I could have ever done it.



I stuck with the easy stuff. I sculpted and made the little mushrooms and made the fabric flowers.



This is the great pin cushion I got in return. I'll never look at trucker's mud flaps the same way again.

No comments:

 
Site Meter