Friday, October 20, 2006

Knit, Purl, Knit, Purl

My friend Kim is so enthusiastic about knitting, that she made me want to start up again. I can just knit and purl. Nothing exciting. I can make scarfs and probably a pot holder. Like I said... NOTHING fancy.

I finished up two scrafs last week and was very proud to tell Kim that I even figured how to bind off the edges. I also made my first visit to a real yarn store, and I think it is worse than candy. I couldn't stop touching everything.

Anyway, I think I'm a little addicted to it and I can't even read a knitting pattern. Kim helped me buy my first set of circular needles and is teaching me how to do a bag. Wahoo! I didn't realize that I needed more than needles and yarn, but Kim gifted me the most beautifully handcrafted stitch markers to help me keep track of what I am doing.





So far, I haven't figured out what do do with them, but they sure look pretty sitting in a pile next to my yarn basket.

No comments:

 
Site Meter