Thursday, September 06, 2007

I Shouldn't Be Sick!

I cannot believe that I am sick during the first week of September, my favorite month. Honestly, you think I'd have the seasons on my side as I declare how much I love Fall. Oh well. I've spent the better parhttp://www.blogger.com/img/gl.link.gift of the week sitting around my house letting the dishes pile up. Of course, this has been the week for random visitors, too. Sheesh. They must think I am such a slob. I told them all to come back next week when things are back to normal and my house is only 1/2 messy.

So I mentioned in my last post that we went to Bear Lake over Labor Day weekend for a family reunion. We stayed in the . It accommodated all 68 of us... IN ONE HOUSE! This place was awesome. It used to be the old general store and last year they converted it into a 8 bedroom family reunion wonderland. I don't think we could have found anywhere better.


We spent most of the time hanging out, but we did go to the beach for a few hours on Saturday. We rented 4 jet skis and had a great time, even though 60+ people were taking turns. I'm kind of a scaredy cat and I always made Mike go really slow. I'm just not the water sports kind of gal, which is strange because I've lived withing 30 miles of a lake or reservoir my entire life. To each their own. But, Bear Lake is pretty amazing. It is soooooo blue and it wasn't even that cold. I really enjoyed it.

Other highlights of the reunion were the BYU game... I guess. The bulk of my family have attended BYU, and one uncle works there, so I'm glad they won their opening game so everyone was in a good mood for the remainder of the weekend. Look how happy a game makes them....
I was assigned to be in charge of the craft. I bought 30+ unfinished wood mirrors from IKEA and brought paint, Mod Podge, craft foam, paper, buttons, eyes and other doodads and everyone had a great time.
We get together every other year and take turns planning it. This year my siblings and I were in charge. We had so much fun. I love my extended family. I think it is a pretty rare occasion when EVERY SINGLE PERSON gets along and seems to like one another. I'm sure glad we do, though, because we're all stuck together for a very long time.

3 comments:

Daisy said...

Neighbor I never see - it's fun to see you and your darling little boy. He's getting so big! Looks like you guys are having lots of fun.

nicole hill gerulat said...

Hi Lori,

I didn't have your email but wrote down that you wanted to take the October class.. If you still want to, I can hold your spot but email me at nicolechill@gmail.com for an address to send the deposit.

Thanks!

Nicole

Megan/Brassy Apple said...

Hello!

thanks for stopping by my blog and your sweet comments!

looks like a fun vacation and what a big family! that's so great! We aren't too far from each other either. I'm just north of you in Idaho! :)

 
Site Meter