Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Halloween Festivities

I feel as if Halloween has been going on for quite awhile now. I jumped the gun and put up my decorations during the last week of September. We've been to several parties already and we still have a few more to go to. I just wanted to quickly share with you the past two weeks of Halloween.
The first four pictures are from our Halloween Story Time last week. We read a few pumpkin stories and decorated pumpkin sugar cookies. We had a good turn out and had a lot of fun. The little pumpkin juice boxes are for a party we are going to today. All food is Halloween themed. I didn't really feel that bloody juice with floating fingers (as ice of course) would be totally appropriate for toddlers, so "Pumpkin Juice" will have to do. The last one is from our ward's Trunk or Treat. For those of you that may not know what that is, here is the definition: Everyone from church gets together in the church parking lot, parks their cars in a circle, decorates the trunk and then the kids "Trunk" or treat in one central location. The parents stand in the middle and gab until their kid starts crying because there is one really scary trunk.

As for costumes, Cohen can't decide what the really wants to be. Initially it was Diego. I fought him on that because the costume cost $30 and I thought it was kind of lame. BUT... we bribed (model parent here) him to go poop in the toilet if he wanted to be Diego. It worked, so the costume was not in vain. Then last week he decided a pumpkin would be a better choice. Yesterday I gave in to the begging, and spent about $4 and 20 minutes on the pumpkin costume. So, this morning he told me he only wants to be the pumpkin inside and not on the outside... HUH? We'll see who I take Trick-or-Treating tomorrow.

Be safe and have a nice holiday!

4 comments:

Kim said...

I'm glad that I'm not the only one with a child who can't decide what he wants to be! He was a cowboy for our ward Halloween party, Roo for storytime at the library and Super Why today for his school party. It will be interesting to see who ends up going out tomorrow!!!
I wish I was there, it looks like you all had so much fun!

Lindy said...

Lori, cute photo mosaic there! The juiceboxes are such a cute idea. And what a supercool mom to make another costume last minute. You rock.

Hi to Diego! We want to play with you again!

Garrett said...

So, I just realized that people could leave comments on our blog (I know, go tech-savvy web programmer guy) and I saw that you've been leaving some.

All I can say is, "Wow". First you follow us to St. Anthony, now to Bear Lake. You are a vacation stalker if ever there was one. I wouldn't be surprised if we look through our Hawaii photos and see a dark shades-wearing Lori peaking at us from behind the corner of a building.

Sounds like you are having fun being able to stay home with Cohen so much. I'm glad the stars finally aligned to make it happen for you guys. The stars, or Roger's shady dealings. You know, whichever.

jenclair said...

Looks like a great Halloween season for you and your family! Did the little pumpkin ever get outside?

 
Site Meter