Friday, October 31, 2008

:: I'M SICK OF CANDY. COHEN IS NOT ::


Aside from Nerds and Taffy, I am so sick of candy. I'm kind of Halloweened out already. It seems like Cohen has dressed up about 50 times already. He loves it. Maybe I should dress up and get a little more into the spirit of it all. He has been so excited for the actual Halloween day (today) because he wants to watch the Halloween episodes of Dora, Diego, Wonder Pets, and Backyardigans (read:: It frees up my morning), he wants to ride the train to Mike's office (for Trick or Treating), and he wants to go around the neighborhood. He can barely contain himself.

We started two weeks ago (as Dash from the Incredibles) at the Nestman's house. A group that used to be in the ward still gets together a few times a year for a BBQ, Halloween, and Christmas. Sadly, they have all moved on and Mike and I remain in the apartments. Anyway, Liz set up a fantastic little "carnival" in the basement and all of the princess and super heroes played all night.

Next was the ward Trunk-or-Treat (as Link). More candy and fun. He could not get enough of the McDonald's orange punch and pumpkin bowling.

Yesterday was his preschool Halloween party (as Dash). I was helping in the classroom, so I didn't get a chance to sit back and enjoy the little program they put on for the parents. Therefor, no pictures. Lame. But again it was more candy and games and he came home with another bag of stuff. Again, SO MUCH FUN and he wore his costume the rest of the day.

It is 8:00 am and he is dressed as Link. We'll see what he decides to be later in the day. Happy Halloween. I hope it is nice and spooky and filled with lots of sugar.

3 comments:

Lauren Ricci said...

I love the fact that he has multiple costumes. He really has had an awesome childhood!

Kim said...

Looks like you guys are having fun! Our new ward doesn't do Halloween parties. I was sad, I love dressing up! Seth has stuck with Obi Wan this year...mainly because I told him I was not making another costume! I'm so mean!
I love the picture of them at the Nestmans. Tell them all hello for me next time you all get together!

Liz said...

Hola Lori,
I feel your pain with the Halloween overload. It has been fun, but enough already. That was fun chatting with you and Cohen at the aquarium-we need to meet up again.

 
Site Meter