Wednesday, December 31, 2008

:: IF I MAY BRAG ::

Well, I think this is the first time in my life I've actually accomplished what I said I would as a New Year's Resolution. Last January (2008), I decided I would read 50 novels this year. I finished another book today which brings my total to 68 total. WAHOO! Now, I understand a lot of these books were young adult novels, but they still count. There is just too much smut in a lot of adult fiction. I'm learning how to weed them out and who to trust as sources (as a general rule, NOT Oprah!).

As I was going back over my list of books, I realized I don't remember many of the stories (just the really good ones). I'm grateful that I have recovered my love of reading. I'm also grateful that I have actually conquered a goal that I set out to accomplish. Mike made the statement that maybe I should only make resolutions that involve something I enjoy (ie. not dieting or mopping the floor). Does that take the purpose out of resolutions? I don't think so. I still have to push to accomplish things I like.

Which brings me to Resolution 2009. I've decided that my "Work-in-Progress" pile is WAY too big. My "To Do" list is WAY too long. I have so many 1/2 finished projects haunting me that I need to get them out of my head. In the spirit of "I Can Make it", this year I am going to complete 50 usefull projects. They will range from sewing to knitting to organizing to refinishing furniture. Stuff that needs to be done that I have been putting off. I purposefully wrote that I am going to "complete" these projects. I have 7 projects currently started that I must finish first (UGH!) before I can start counting new ones. I'll keep a running total on my side bar just as I did with books. I'm also going to be offering tutorials of things that I think you might like to do. We all win.

Good luck with your resolutions. Have a safe night tonight. As for me, project #1 starts tomorrow. Wahoo!

1 comment:

Tanya said...

I can't wait to see what you do! I love everything you make.

I think you're on the right track with resolutions. Probably the only ones that are kept are the ones involving something people enjoy.

 
Site Meter