Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Another Novel

I just finished reading Second Chance, by Jane Green. It was boring and I had a hard time staying focused. But I finished. I wouldn't recommend it for book club unless you are middle-aged and thinking about leaving your husband. Boooooooooooooo!

We're on our way to the library so I'll pick up another stack. I made a pretty cute little garland, but the battery of my camera died. I'll have to pick up some of those later, too.

PS. In case you didn't notice, I added the "Books I've Read in 2008" in the right column. The last few picks have been entertaining but not really stellar like I am looking for. I'd like any suggestions you may have. What have you read lately?

5 comments:

Nicole said...

Hum, right now I am reading Philip Pullman's His Dark Material series (ie The Golden Compass) I really like it thus far. I have also just finished Atonement by Ian McEwan. It is excellent. Other favorites....Good in Bed by Jennifer Weiner (it isn't racy like it sounds i promise), The Time Travelers Wife by Audrey Niffenegger, and Skinny Legs and all by Tom Robbins. Oh, and I am on a Jane Austen kick, but most people have read that....if not Persuasion is amazing! :)

J and J Bowen said...

Hey Lori-
Just started a new book club they read "Everything I need to know I learned from other Women" by B. J. Gallagher. It had rave reviews very up lifting and focusing on how you can enjoy anything with the right attitude. Let us know if there is anything worth reading. Right now I'm reading Three weeks with my brother, by Nicholas Sparks. It's nice to know there are other middle children out there who just wanted to be heard as a child. They also talk about the Maya and Inca civilizations and I love how it just testifies of the Book of Mormon!!! -Nina

J and J Bowen said...

Also just read big boned by meg cabot very funny lame ending...unless you like a cheesey-ever after

Catherine said...

I'd recommend "The Secret" by Rhonda Byrne and "The Power of Kindness" by Piero Ferrucci. Two super books that leave feeling really positive and smiling!

Lindy said...

I just read The Sisterhood of Blackberry Corner by Andrea Smith. I really liked it. Another one you should take a look at while at the library is The Invention of Hugo Cabret by Brian Selznick, I believe. It's a young adult book, but is partly a graphic novel and has a compelling story. And it's FAST reading, due to the many illustrations…don't let the size deter you…how fast you get through it is part of the magic.

 
Site Meter