Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Christmas Leftovers

I don't have a lot to write about. I have been reading and cleaning out closets. I love this time of year because I focus on getting organized and remember to do the things I love the most. I really love reading and that is why my sewing area is such a wreck.

Today I finished reading a book by Christopher Moore titled, "You Suck". It was only coincidence that it is about vampires... I PROMISE! It was seeming unnecessarily crass and I was tempted to put it down about 1/4 of the way through it, but then my favorite character, Abby Normal, was introduced. Hahaha! She was so awesome and saved the book.
A review on Amazon describes her best:

The highlight of the novel is the new character Abby Normal, a moody teenage vampire wannabe who identifies Thomas's otherworldly nature in a drugstore and becomes his
minion. Abby is refreshingly naive and eager-to-please as she speaks in Gothic prose with her Dark Lord and his Countess Jody. The most winning chapters are told in her
gangster/Olde
English/squealing teenage voice from her diary.

I just started reading another one called "The Master Bedroom" and so far it is pretty good. I'll let you know how it pans out.

So, the ornaments in these pictures were made from paper to put on our neighbor gifts. They are super easy and completely addictive. This is a quick explanation on how to assemble them.
1. Cut six circular shapes - I have this scalloped punch
2. Fold them in half - I used the back side of a spoon, but I am sure a bone folder works better
3. Glue them together with a quick drying glue - I used a hot glue gun
4. Glue a string or rickrack in the middle before you adhere the last two. - I used more vintage rickrack that I purchased with the brown I mentioned in the last post.

I wonder if it would work with hearts for Valentines Day... I'll have to try it. Happy reading!

3 comments:

rockandcookies said...

Oh Dear Lord, those ornaments are terrific! I'm going to have to give the heart idea a go.

Rusti said...

Sweet! Another great idea. :)

Hayley said...

these are so cute! i'm wishing that all my crafting supplies weren't packed up for the move. you're the best lori!

 
Site Meter