Saturday, January 23, 2010

:: BUCK UP ::

(Fantastic Esty Shop: Buy Here)

In the bedroom that we stay in, I have mostly made it my own. Ya' know... clothing hanging over the back of chair, messy bed, piles of receipts on the dresser, random projects taking over the floor, etc. However, there is a wreath in there. It is all that remains of Grandma's fabulous decor. It is a grape vine wreath with a big mauve bow and lots of pinkish silk flowers. Like I said fabulous. I guess I leave it there to remind myself not to get too comfortable. To remind myself that this is "just temporary."

I get a little down when I think of my situation. This isn't where I thought I'd be "when I grew up." Grandma has been so great to us. I've really started to enjoy hanging out with her and having love lazy afternoons. I'm starting to realize that I'm really happy. Sure, I am not getting as much done as I normally do, but I'm learning to take my time, and be happy for my healthy (although extra chubby) body. There is no reason to be such a grump all of the time.

When I am 87 and talking to my Granddaughter-in-law, I want to tell happy stories. I need to do great things to make great memories. I don't know why I am even writing this post except to publicly declare that it is time to buck up and realize how lucky I am. My life is pretty okay, and I am good with that. And although the wreath is just fantastically lovely, I think I need to replace it with the one above, because I LOVE french fries and I know just how that little bird feels.

4 comments:

Jen said...

You're right. I'm sure you'd rather be in your own house now, but there are definitely advantages. Just think of all of the room that you don't have to clean and you are certainly in a great neighborhood.
It's so easy to get caught up in wishing. You are absolutely right about wanting to be happy and grateful for what you have. Thanks for the reminder!

Julie Thurgood Summerhays said...

That is THE best quote - so funny!! I can just picture the mauve and blue wreath though - classic!!! I like your attitude - it's a good reminder...

Daisy said...

Thank you for posting this. I am exactly at this point myself, trying to articulate in my mind and heart how I want to show my gratitude and just be happy with where I am.

MarKay said...

I can totally relate to this. I never thought that I would be living with my parents. We sleep in a bedroom that is decorated in purple and green, with a big ugly purple swag over the bed. I just have to keep telling myself "And this too shall pass..." I know it's hard, and it's probably not the situation you were hoping for- but the most important thing is that you have your family :) Thanks for sharing this. Your positive attitude about things really helps my perspective.

 
Site Meter