Saturday, March 08, 2008

My new "new" project...



I am now learning to do paper piecing and this is my first project. It is not really my style, but I do think it is really cute and I am having so much fun making it. My friend Lindsey's MIL (that taught me how to appliqué the Christmas house) is teaching us this one.
This is where I am at so far. I started with the easy pieces. I love that I don't have to be exact. That is totally my style of quilting (read: I'm lazy and measuring isn't my favorite part of sewing). I'll keep you updated as I work on this.

2 comments:

Nicole said...

Now there is something else you will have to teach me! :) I have wanted to try both paper piecing and applique, but haven't had the time to take a class.

The quilt is cute. I am excited to see it finished.

Anonymous said...

I took a paper piecing class awhile back and LOVED it! It's so much easier (and can have better results) that trying to do the piecing yourself.

I'm anxious to see the finished quilt - it's a cute pattern!

 
Site Meter