Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Taking a sewing break::

Have you ever been over to Kristina Werner's blog before? I love her site. I don't know how I came across it, but I have been a loyal fan of her Make a Card Monday videos that she posts each week. Recently she started doing Color Challenges, challenging readers to make a card based on a photo she found. I decided I'd enter this time. I'm not much of a paper crafter, but I thought a sewing break was much needed.

So, here is my card::


Based on this color scheme::


The white looking paper really is the same color as linen. It is a light natural beige-ish color. I was also going to spell "Mother", but I was spelling backwards and got a bit mixed up with the "t" and "h", so I changed the word. I figured my sister is a mother, too. Jenny, this one is for you. Act surprised!!

4 comments:

Jaime said...

Great Card... You're comment is too funny... I ALWAYS get there last... it was sheer coincidence that I checked her blog LITERALLY at the same moment she posted it... 8:22pm... so I put the card I was struggling with down & tried to hurry up... I am NEVER that fast... it always takes me a few hours to even come up w/ something especially because I don't use SU paper so I don't have those colors :( so I just have to wing it. Oh, btw, your emails went to my "spam" folder so I literally just received them yesterday... sorry for not responding sooner. LOL :)

Jenny B said...

I actually found your post thru the comments on Kristine's sight as I was scrolling thru looking at everyone's cards. Ha Ha! I actually sat in my "scrapbook" room and made 2 cards last night. It still isn't put together but I am getting there.

Lindsay said...

Lori, you are so crreeeattttivvve! Wow! I really loved your bag that you made too, super cute.I wish that I lived in the good old slc so I could come to your botique shows.

Deanna said...

Very cute card, I like the little cluster of mini flowers!

 
Site Meter