Wednesday, June 20, 2012

:: My Fitness Pal ::

*Disclaimer... I don't have a fancy phone with apps. My phone makes calls and texts and has a 1/2 megapixel camera. In fact, every two years I update to the newest free phone that T-Moble offers. I'm lame like that.

That being said... I got a Kindle Fire for my birthday last year and downloaded my first apps. It was very exciting. I don't remember where I heard about MyFitnessPal for the first time, but when I told my nutritionist I was using it she was very excited. Have you all been using it for-like-ever?

MFP is a way to keep track of calories in and calories out. The database on MFP is HUGE! Users have added so many different food items and exercise options. I've never not found what I was looking for. I find this app extremely helpful, especially as I am deciding what to eat. It is even cooler if you have a cool phone with a real camera (not like mine). You can just scan the bar code of any packaged food and voila! you have the nutrition facts right there.

Just last week I found out that you can have MFP 'friends'. Yahoo! You know how I love my social networks (online social media is like the water cooler for a gal like me who works at home in her basement by herself all day). My username is 'igobylorivw' so find me and be my friend and we'll keep cheering each other on. I'm so close to hitting the -50 lbs mark and I want you all to see it on there and celebrate with me.

And because this blogs needs photos (even if it is a terrible one of me)... That little pipsqueak leads a double life. She is either like this:

 (taken last month)
Or like this... not much in between.

(taken last year)

No comments:

 
Site Meter