Monday, June 25, 2012

:: WEEKS 3 & 4 FOOD LIST ::

If you started this cleanse with me on June 11th, CONGRATS! You've made it to Week 3. I personally think this is the best week of the entire 8 weeks. It is so nice to taste sweet things again.

 
You get to add fruit - glorious fruit! It tastes so yummy. These are a few things I learned from the first go round:

  • Eat more servings of veggies than fruit each day.
  • Fruit tended to get my inner-workings moving (sorry) a little too well for the likes of me, so I am going to take it easier for the first few days. The first time I gobbled up about a pound of strawberries for breakfast. I was paying for it by lunch. 
  • I try to stop eating fruit by mid afternoon. I don't always, but I try. 
  • Smoothies are super good! You can use coconut milk as new treat. It has more fat than Almond milk, but if you're ready for something different give it a try. Coconut oil is also on the list and you can 'bread' chicken and shrimp in unsweetened coconut flakes for different flavor. All health food nuts rave about the health benefits of coconut. Google it and you'll find tons of info out there.
(from my garden last week)

No comments:

 
Site Meter