Wednesday, June 13, 2012

:: UMMMM ::

Have you seen the Avengers yet? If so, you know that scene toward the end where the Hulk grabs Loki and flings him back and forth into the ground? I feel a little like the Hulk today and am rather irritable.
Source via


Am I alone in this? I remember day 3-5 of this diet being the hardest. I'm drinking a lot of water today just to stay on top of it. My energy is shot. It gets better... I PROMISE!

I've had several emails/calls/texts asking for more recipes. I'm at a loss today... sometimes chicken and veggies is just that... chicken and veggies. This is what I had for lunch today:


I sauteed two chicken tenders in about a tsp of olive oil and lemon pepper and minced garlic. When they were pretty close to done I added chopped zucchini and bell peppers and the juice of 1/2 a lemon.

A marinade that I made up and call "Mojito chicken" was a favorite among the kids.
4 chicken breasts - pounded flat
1/4 cup olive oil

Juice from 6 key limes (you can use regular limes, too)
2 TBSP raw honey
2 cloves minced garlic
chopped mint leaves
salt & pepper

I put the tenderized chicken in the marinade for about an hour and then grilled it. Cohen loved it and ate a second helping (which never happens).

Other chicken marinades:
Pretty Chicken Marinade - I only used about 3 TBSP of olive oil and omitted the liquid smoke (because I don't like it).
Italian Chicken Marinade - I used a packet of dry Italian seasoning (prepared like the instructions on the packet) because the salad dressing I had in the fridge contained high fructose corn syrup. There a ton of oil and vinegar based dressings out there that are okay to eat. You could separate some out and marinate some mushrooms, zucchini, peppers, and onions kabobs and this would be SO tasty.
Apple Cider Marinade - I've never made this one, but it looks tasty. You could skip the wine.


I use a lot of Lowry's Seasoned Salt, lemon pepper, citrus, cumin, parsley, and pepper on my chicken (not all at the same time). Share your marinade recipes with me.

3 comments:

T. Driaza said...

Day 3 has been tough. I've been wanting to fold, but sticking my gun. Like the other reader, I'm craving fruit! Just a variation cause I seriously think I have protein & fiber stuffed in my esophagus. Lol. Thanks for letting me vent. :)

mikevw said...

Some how thought day three would be easier the 2nd time around but today has been no bueno. I'm looking forward to the bowl full of blue berries I'm going to eat on day 15. Only 12 days away.

bev said...

hi lori! thanks for the mojito chicken recipe! that sounds awesome! thanks for posting recipes and ideas! if we all posted a few, think how big our recipe repertoire would be!
so, i'll just post some of the stuff i've been eating...probably the same as everyone else, but if not, maybe some new ideas.
-chicken sausage (a little more fat than grilled chicken, but i got sick of eggs!)
-mexican scramble with egg whites, peppers, onions, salsa, and could add avocado.
-lettuce wraps with meat inside
-lean ground turkey cooked with a can of fire-roasted tomatoes
-stir fry
-taco salad minus everything good! haha!
-shish kabobs (yup, still chicken and veggies, but it's in a fun disguise!
- celery with almond butter (you can make your own at Sunflower Market--it's just ground almonds)
-turkey pepperoni for snacks --only 70 calories in 17 pieces!
-and i'm loving the mini sweet peppers from costco. easy snacking.

ok, what is everyone eating? i need more ideas!

 
Site Meter